Thursday, January 24, 2013

Time to Organize

I bet you are already feeling quite busy with your resolutions for the new year.  Eating wisely, making more time for the family, establishing life goals...all of these are filling your time plate.  Of the many resolutions each of us make, staying organized should be the first resolution.  Maintaining organization will be key to successfully accomplishing your resolutions and goals.

Focusing on three items will help establish organization in 2013:
  1. Keep Track and Review Your New Schedule
  2. List, List, List
  3. Organize
I, personally, use the following technology to keep me on task and on schedule:

  • Iphone: Downloading a free task manager helps a great deal.  The "2do" application is great.
    • http://www.2doapp.com/
  • Microsoft Outlook Calendar and Task Bar
    • Each morning, upon opening outlook, the day's tasks and due dates appear, reminding me of the important items and meetings that will fill my day.
  • BoogieBoard by Brookstone
    • Because I am always having to take notes, I keep the BoogieBoard with me at all times. 



1 comment:

  1. Mr. Vangrinsven,
    I am new to this site but your recent posts have struck a chord with me on both a professional and personal level. As a recent gradute thrown into this tangled web of job interviews and dealing with rejection I find myself in a state of despair. It doesnt help that I am a young Indian woman in a mans job market. I am writiing in hopes of drawing on your vast experience the secret to stying driven after achieving so much in you career. I am having trouble maintaining my drive and I feel I have not accomplished anything at this point.

    ReplyDelete